|Traditional Cyprus Macaroni with Apaki & Halloumi
- 500 g Helios Traditional Cyprus Macaroni
- 150 g Apaki (cured smoked pork), finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100 g peas, parboiled
- Grated rind & juice of 1 lemon
- Oregano, salt, pepper
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes less than the time stated on the packet. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
Lightly sauté the Apaki in a deep, frying pan and gradually add the spring onions, courgette, peas and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the traditional macaroni together with the 2 tbsp reserved cooking water. Gently stir together in the pan for a few minutes until well combined then sprinkle with the lemon juice. Lastly add the grated lemon rind and a generous sprinkling of oregano. Serve hot topped with grated Halloumi.
Let's put another plant in the garden.